Hey, wait a minute. What am I doing posting on Thursday?
Just before I left for vacation, lovely Debbie Dillon presented me with the "One Lovely Blog Award." Now that I'm back and the gigantic piles of laundry are folded and put away, it's time for me to pass the award on.
The requirements of receiving this award are:
1. To thank the giver and link back to her site. I did that immediately, but here it is again: THANK YOU, DEBBIE! Here's the link to her blog: writin4himcafe
2. Provide 7 random facts that folks may not know about you.
3. Pass this award on to 15 other lovely blog sites. Let them know you're awarding them. Link to their sites.
4. Copy the award logo and paste it onto your own site.
Here are those 7 random facts:
1. I hold an ancient (unused) black belt in karate.2. I used to be a belly dancer in a performing troupe.
3. I’ve lived in 5 states and attended 9 schools between K-12.
4. I love turtles and model my life around them—slow and steady. And I tend to hide when I’m uncertain of my environment.
5. I’m attracted by small, shiny objects. If it sparkles, I’m interested.
6. I can barely see straight until I have my morning coffee. I don’t actually like coffee. That’s what cream, sugar and French Vanilla is for.
7. When I don’t write for more than a week I get crotchety.
Here are 15 wonderful, lovely sites (awarded in no particular order):
Cindee Snider Re, Breathe Deeply http://breathedeeply.org you need to breathe deeply because Cindee’s poetry is breathtaking
Lynn Mosher Heading Home http://lynnmosher.blogspot.com Lynn’s solid, scriptural posts are meaty in a lovely way
Chris Henderson, The Write Chris – http://thewritechris.blogspot.com Chris is a Christian writer with a heart for encouraging other writers
Nona King Word obsession http://wordobsession.net – Nona has a way of sharing emotions in her posts in such a lovely way
Taci Bonney Tracings http://tracibonney.wordpress.com Traci courageously bares her soul and lets her readers see what a lovely soul it is
Tracy Krauss Expression Express www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com Tracy has such an appealing, no nonsense; yet friendly writing style
Pauline Creeden Hosanna’s Christian reader http://hosannaschristianreader.blogspot.com the clean lines of Pauline’s blog reflect the truth she writes so clearly
Marilyn Life 101 Understanding it all http://life101understandingitall.blogspot.com Marilyn’s subtitle “U-Turns, Detours and Discovery” reflects how we sometimes grow in Christ
Sheila Hollinghead, Rise, Write, Shine www.sheilahollinghead.com Sheila’s conversational tone makes me feel like she’s sitting here chatting with me
Liberty Speidel, Word Wanderings http://libertywordwanderings.blogspot.com I love Liberty’s mix of writing talk and life talk
Keri Mae Lamar www.kerimae.com how can you not love a site dedicated to helping moms build happy homes with Jesus?
Linda Yezak http://lindayezak.com Linda is often funny; always professional with great writing thoughts
Sue Ewing, Little Bits http://eulea.blogspot.com Sue has perfected the art of the first sentence “hook”
Although I sense that the lovely pink flowers affixed to this award lend themselves more to women’s blogs, I also love the following men’s blogs:
Chris Vonada I’m Just Thinkin’ www.chrisvonada.com Chris makes big points in a totally easy reading style
Keith Wallis wordsculptures http://wordsculptures-keith.blogspot.com Keith’s combination of poetry and pictures are perfectly lovely
Congratulations to all fifteen winners! Thank you again, Debbie. Readers--check these winners out!