My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 12, 2011

WEDDING COUNTDOWN - 18 days

As I have blogged in anticipation of baby girl’s wedding, I have tried to keep the focus on the joyful busyness of the planning and preparation.

The next 18 days will be filled with extra busyness with added excitement as Nicole finishes school and comes home for the holy days. There will be family Christmas celebration and birthdays and anniversaries.

Before that happens I want to pause and appreciate God’s hand on our family.

Our heavenly Father orchestrated Jim and my lives, brought us together in marriage and blessed us with children. He also placed Kyle in Nicole’s life nearly six years ago. Together they journeyed three states away to attend college together and made lives that were independent from family and dependent on each other. 

Today I praise God for His plan. When I find myself spending too much time referring to my lists of things to do, I pray that God will remind me that He is in charge—always has been and always will be.

God is our heavenly wedding planner.

PRAYER: Thank you, Father, for being in charge of everything. Please remind us that in the symphony that is our lives, you are the conductor, the leader, the orchestrator of all things. Amen.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How do you remind yourself that God is in control?


4 comments:

chris said...

that is a good question Carol, How do I remind myself that God is in control? Forever, it seemed like I needed lots of help from Him for the reminder... now, it seems like I maybe have more reverence for Him than ever before. I needed that.

From Carols Quill said...

@ Chris - reverence is good. It's that whole "be still and know that I am God" thing.

Pam B. said...

God is my security and my confidence. If I didn't believe He is in control, I'd be a real mess!

From Carols Quill said...

@ Pam - Obviously God is in control because you're never a mess, Pam. At least to us, girlfriend!