My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 12, 2012

BOOKS UNENDING



As I was writing last Monday’s post, I spent some time in Ecclesiastes. As a writer, my eyeballs often skim the words and get stuck on thoughts related to writing. So it was last week when I read Ecclesiastes 12:12:

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

I’m the first to admit that I’m freely taking this one line of scripture out of the heavy duty Book of Ecclesiastes. But it speaks deeply to my heart as a writer.

Of making many books there is no end.

No sooner do I begin writing one book than my brain creates ideas for three more. No sooner do I get the first draft of one book completed than the outline for a seventh book is begun. No sooner do I complete a book of fiction than the characters jump up and demand that it become a series.

Of making many books there is no end.

Which is why I write. Because there are books to be created, stories to be told, words to be shared. King Solomon’s reputation for the wisest man who ever lived, is still secure.

PRAYER: Thank you Jesus for words and ideas. Thank you for being the master communicator. Thank you for giving us the ability to use words to share your love with others. Amen.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? Do you have a book in you waiting to be written? Why haven’t you started writing it?

NOTE: Stay tuned for part 2 of Ecclesiastes 12:12 later this month.

2 comments:

chris said...

lol... when I first read this post I was thinking about the book that we can't finish! Oh my goodness, I wonder if this could become a recurring dream??

From Carols Quill said...

@ Chris - oh! It never occurred to me about unfinished books. Good observation. And good motivation, too.