My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 20, 2012

MORE PRAYING NAMES

Every month I create prayers based on the names of people we love. This ongoing list of names and prayers can be found at the top of this blog, on the tab titled, “PRAYING NAMES.”

If you would like me to create a prayer based on a specific name, please leave a comment below. I’ll research the name and include it in a future month.
 

Donald, Don:             world leader; dark stranger 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Donald will live his name. I pray that he will be a leader in YOUR world; reflecting your light and holiness to others; illuminating the darkness and bringing others into your family so that they are no longer strangers to you. Amen.


Erma, Irma: complete; war goddess 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Erma will live her name. I pray that she will find completeness in you. I pray that you will use her life to fight evil in this world to your ultimate glory and honor. Amen. 

Sebastien, Sebastian: revered 


Heavenly Father, I pray that Sebastien will live his name. I pray that he will understand his own worth to you and to others. I pray that he will especially understand the reverence owed to you. I pray that in all things, he will revere you above all else in his life. Amen. 


Shirley: bright wood; bright meadow 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Shirley will live her name. I pray that she will be a bright and restful spot to others in an otherwise dark and secluded world. I pray that her light will come from you as she reflects your light of life to the world. Amen.

2 comments:

chris said...

that's crazy, who would have thought Erma is the amazing fighter of evil in this world, you go Erma!!

I also love the image of Shirley, the bright meadow. That's a light to be seen!!

Pam B. said...

I pray that Sebastien will live his name, too.