My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 27, 2011

PRAYING NAMES: A FEW MORE

As promised, I am adding new names to the list of names so that we can pray for people we love based on the meaning of their names. Here are five new names. If you missed my post last week, learn what this is about.

I will continue to compile names and create prayers. If you would like a name added, please use the “Comment” button at the end of this post and send me a name or two. I will research the names, create a prayer and add it to the list.

After today, these five names will be added to the list. You can access the continuing list by clicking on the button at the top, labeled “PRAYING NAMES.”

I pray you and your loved ones will be blessed.

~ ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ ~ 
BRANDON; BRENDON: broom hill

Heavenly Father, I pray that Brandon will live his name. I pray that he will trust in Jesus to sweep his heart clean and maintain his life in a manner pleasing to God. I pray also that just as the woman in Luke swept the house and searched until she found the lost coin, that Brandon would never stop seeking God. I pray also that Brandon’s life will be an example to help others find the treasure that is you. 


CARLA, KARLEN, CARLY: strong; free

Heavenly Father, I pray that Carla will live her name. I pray that she will be strong in her faith in you and that she will understand the freedom she has in Christ. I pray also that her strong faith will be an example to others who will see Jesus through her and seek Him themselves.


JENNIFER, JENNY, JENI, GINNY, JENA:  Smooth, white wave

Heavenly Father, I pray that Jennifer will live her name. I pray that her life will be smooth, without storms at sea or rough waters. I pray that she would ride on the living water of Jesus and trust that He will keep her afloat. I pray also that Jennifer would be a route for others to travel on their own journey to Jesus.


KIMBERLY, KIM: The meadow of the royal fortress

Heavenly Father, I pray that Kimberly will live her name. I pray that she will live a life of royalty, knowing that she is the daughter of the King. I pray that she will look to you to be her strong fortress. I pray that she will lie down in the sweet, restful meadow of your love. I pray also that her life will reflect her faith in you and that she will be a strong, yet restful source of encouragement to others.


RICHARD, RICH, RICK, DICK, RICARDO: Powerful Leader

Heavenly Father, I pray that Richard would live his name. I pray that he will be known as a godly man who leads others to your salvation. I pray that he will be strong in his faith. I pray also that he will understand and rely on you as the one true leader of his life.   


PRAYER: Heavenly Father, continue to show us ways we can pray for the people in our lives. We thank you for prayer and for your assurance that you hear and know the concerns of our hearts. Amen.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?  Do you have someone you'd like to pray for based on the meaning of their name? Click on "Comment" below and let me know.



No comments: