My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 10, 2011

PRAYING NAMES - A FEW MORE

Here are a few more names for your praying enjoyment. Please don't forget to email me or leave a comment with names of loved ones you would like to pray for. I'll research the meaning of the name, create a prayer and post the next batch within a week or two. After they're posted here, I'll move them and add them onto the permanent "PRAYING NAMES" page.

If you don't know what I'm talking about...go to my May POST that explains praying for loved ones by praying the meaning of their names.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Ava: like a bird; voice

Heavenly Father, I pray that Ava will live her name. I pray that she will have such a strong faith in you that she will soar as if on the wings of eagles. I pray that she will run and not grow weary; that she will walk and not faint. I pray also that when she speaks, others will hear your words and the sound of your voice. I pray that she will be an example to others of her faith in you.



Christian: Of the Christian faith

Heavenly Father, I pray that Christian will live his name. I pray that throughout his life, people will hear Christian’s name and know by his life, his words and actions, that he is your son. I pray that he will be strong in his faith and an example to his family, friends, loved ones, co-workers and strangers of a godly man who trusts in Jesus.


Athena: goddess of wisdom and war

Heavenly Father, I pray that Athena will live her name. I pray that she will be known to others as a woman who lives a life of godly wisdom. I pray that her spirit will be that of a wise, righteous and thoughtful child of God. I pray also that she will be a Christian soldier in God’s army, putting on the full armor of God and excelling in obedience and strength of faith, as if a soldier, marching behind the banner of Jesus’ cross.



Lauren, Laura, Laurel, Lori: The Bay; Laurel Plant

Heavenly Father, I pray that Lauren will live her name. I pray that her faith will grow as strong as a laurel tree and that she will provide spiritual shade and rest for others beneath her flowering branches. I pray that like Jesus’ parable, she will know that Jesus is the true vine and she is a branch. I pray that she will cling to that understanding and grow strong in her faith, creating sweet smelling flowers and lush fruit for Him.


Sarah, Sara, Sally: Princess

Heavenly Father, I pray that Sarah will live her name. I pray that she will recognize that as a Christian she has been adopted by the King of the universe. I pray that she will understand her status as His princess and will live as that nobility requires.


Daniel, Dan, Danny, Dane: God is my judge

Heavenly Father, I pray that Daniel will live his name. I pray that throughout his life, he will understand that God is just and that God, rather than society, is his ultimate judge. I pray that Daniel will live his life making each decision with the understanding that God is watching; not to be found wanting but so that one day God will say to him, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

No comments: