My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 15, 2011

PRAYING NAMES

This post is part of my ongoing ministry to help others pray for our loved ones by praying the meaning of their name. These are additions to my growing list. For the complete list to date, please click on the PRAYING NAMES page at the top of the page.


Kevin:  handsome; beautiful beloved 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Kevin will live his name. I pray that he will know that he is beautiful in your eyes. I pray also that he will know you and understand that he is your beloved child.  


Eric: eternal ruler 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Eric will live his name. I pray that he will understand that you are the true eternal ruler. I pray that he will surrender his life and all things to you and that you will rule his life according to your plan.
 

Mark: warlike 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Mark will live his name. I pray that he will understand the existence of the spiritual world. I pray that he will live his life in training as a soldier of Christ. I pray that he will be fervent in his obedience to you as the commander in chief of your army.


Luke: from Luciana; the Apostle Luke was the beloved physician 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Luke will live his name. I pray that he will live his life according to the example of the Apostle Luke; following Jesus’ example as a committed disciple. I pray that, like the Apostle Luke, Luke will be beloved of God and that his example of faith will be a source of spiritual health and healing to others.


Ray, Raymond: protection 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Ray will live his name. I pray that he will know your love and strength as protection for his soul. I pray also that he will be a source of strength and protection for others and that it will be for your glory.


Terri, Terrie, Theresa: harvester 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Theresa will live her name. I pray that she will be part of your harvest; that when you gather your followers, she will be first in line. I pray also that you will use her in your harvest—to share the gospel and your love to others so that as you called your disciples, you will call her to be a worker for the harvest.

2 comments:

chris vonada said...

always enjoy these Carol !! Theresa made me think of Mother Teresa, THE harvester for sure.

From Carols Quill said...

@ Chris - good observation!