My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 21, 2011

WEDDING COUNTDOWN: 40 DAYS

Forty days to wedding day. Three days until Thanksgiving. Five days until Nicole’s shower.

Minus 2 days until Nicole and Kyle have come home for Thanksgiving break.

Every year I give thanks for God’s blessings; most especially this family He has graced me with. This year will be the last year our family of four remains four. Next year, our family will be five plus Kyle’s family, who will be joined to ours through marriage.

That will be more thankfulness. But for this year, I thank God for His blessing me with a fabulous husband and two wonderful kids. I didn’t deserve them. I never will. But by God’s grace and excessive generosity, He gave them to me anyway.

So I will spend the next three days thanking God for family. Then I’ll pack up the roasting pan and the extra turkey napkins; pull out the pink plates, dip the strawberries and praise God for the next phase in the wedding countdown: the wedding shower.

It’s raining blessings!

PRAYER: Thank you, Heavenly Father for showering us with the blessings of family and time together to celebrate our love for each other, based on our love for you. Amen.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? Any special preparations happening at your house this Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

chris said...

this is a special one for our family too, we have four generations living within 3 miles of each other. i'm very thankful to God for this holiday and looking forward to spending a couple of days laughing, living and sharing one of our greatest gifts... the time we have together. btw, i'm wondering if you have found your shoes for the wedding yet?

Pam B. said...

I love Thanksgiving because its emphasis is thankfulness, blessings, and family.

Tracy Krauss said...

Two of my daughters are married and both my sons-in-law are such blessings

From Carols Quill said...

@ Chris - LOL - still looking for the shoes. Have a wonderful multi-generational thanksgiving!

From Carols Quill said...

@ Pam - Yes, the emphasis is there for us to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving.

From Carols Quill said...

@ Tracy - thanking God for wonderful in-laws!