My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 29, 2012

GOD'S LIBRARY


And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:14)

It doesn’t matter how many times characters in a book mess up; how many people disappoint them; how many of their dreams crash and burn. If there’s a happy ending to the story, it’s a good book.

God’s library has many books. They all fit inside one binding we call the Bible.

It is filled with characters who mess up; people whose loved ones disappointed them; whose dreams crashed and burned. They were all people who loved God and were loved by Him. People just like us.

It’s comforting to know that the people God chose to imortalize in His books are mess ups; with disappointments and dreams gone bad. It’s comforting to know God loved them anyway and never gave up on bringing their hearts back to Him. It’s comforting to know that He included them in His happy ending. 

And that He then included us.


PRAYER: Heavenly Father, please remind me that I’m just like the characters in the Bible. Just like them, I’m imperfect and I mess up. Remind me though that you love me enough to have written me into your Book of Life and have included me in your happily ever after. Amen.


WHAT ABOUT YOU? Who’s your favorite biblical mess-up? What lesson have you learned from him?


2 comments:

Pam B. said...

God loved them anyway so I can trust Him that He loves me even though I am a mess up. My favorite biblical mess-up is David, because for all his mess ups, God still called him a man after His own heart.

From Carols Quill said...

@ Pam - I love David for the same reason. I also love Peter because even though he messed up so often, he was uber enthusiastic!