My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 25, 2012

MORE PRAYING NAMES

Every month I create prayers based on the names of people we love. This ongoing list of names and prayers can be found at the top of this blog, on the tab titled, “PRAYING NAMES.”  

If you would like me to create a prayer based on a specific name, please leave a comment below. I’ll research the name and include it in a future month.  


Dillon; Dylan: son of the sea; born from the ocean 

Heavenly Father, I pray that Dillon will live the meaning of his name. I pray that he will recognize the vastness and depth of the ocean and be reminded that you, Jesus, are the true living water. I pray that he will accept that gift of living water so that he will never thirst for anything but you. Amen. 

Dustin: Brave warrior  

Heavenly Father, I pray that Dustin will live the meaning of his name. I pray that he will be a brave and mighty warrior in your army; that he will live his life as a soldier for your truth; your salvation and your glory. Amen.

Jenna: Heaven

Heavenly Father, I pray that Jenna will live the meaning of her name. I pray she will live her life with a view to eternity; that she will remember that Heaven is her true and eventual home. I pray also that through her life, others will get a glimpse of your glory and a taste of the heavenly realm. Amen.

Zoe; Zoey: life

Heavenly Father, I pray that Zoe will live the meaning of her name. I pray that she will embrace this one and only earthly life you have given her and will use her time on earth to glorify you. I pray also that she will accept your gift of eternal life and encourage others to come to salvation through you. Amen.

2 comments:

chris said...

I met a guy named Zoe once and that was him for sure, he breathed life into everyone who crossed his path!!

Excellent list this month, Carol

From Carols Quill said...

@ Chris - interesting; I thought Zoe was a girl's name only. Cool.