My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

MORE PRAYING NAMES


Each month I create prayers for people we love based on the meaning of their names. These additional names are then added to the ongoing list at the tab to the right titled, "PRAYING NAMES."

If you don’t find the name of your loved one listed, please leave a comment below. I’ll research it and create a prayer for a future month.


Arnold: eagle strength

Heavenly Father, I pray that Arnold will live the meaning of his name. I pray that he will cling to your promise that he will be like Isaiah 40:31, hoping in you, Lord, that you will renew his strength, soar on wings like eagles, run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint. Amen.

Daisy: eye of the day

Heavenly Father, I pray that Daisy will live the meaning of her name. I pray that your eye will be on her throughout each day, just as your eye is on the sparrow and the lilies of the field. Amen.

Darius: upholder of the good

Heavenly Father, I pray that Darius will live the meaning of his name. I pray that he will hold fast to your goodness and will raise your salvation and glory like a banner in his life so that others will see you through him. Amen.

Sandra: defender of mankind

Heavenly Father, I pray that Sandra will live the meaning of her name. I pray that throughout her life she will lean on you as her defender and that she will lift up others to you in prayer that you may defend all of mankind against evil here on earth. Amen.

2 comments:

chris said...

When I see "Arnold" I think if that California Governor and the Terminator movies... lol...

We had to have our family dog her put to sleep recently. Her name was Daisy, she was a real sweetheart!!

From Carols Quill said...

@ Chris - oh, so sorry about Daisy. We do love our sweet pets so much. Yes, Arnold reminds me of our governator, too and how we need to pray for all our leaders.