My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 18, 2011

PRAYING NAMES - A FEW MORE

Here are a few more names, their meanings and prayers you could pray for loved ones with those names.

For the ongoing list of names and associated prayers, please click on the "PRAYING NAMES" page above. If a name of one of your loved ones isn't there, please post a comment, with the name you would like included. I'll create a prayer and post it the next time I add more names to the list.

I hope you and your loved ones will find this ministry of praying names to be a joy and a blessing.


Arland: pledge


Heavenly Father, I pray that Arland will live his name. I pray that he will pledge his faith to you and live in a manner consistent with it. I pray also that he will acknowledge your faithfulness in his life and praise you daily for your goodness.

  

Cynthia: the Moon personified


Heavenly Father, I pray that Cynthia will live her name. I pray that she will be a gentle light to all around her, shining, not for her own glory, but reflecting your light to others. I pray that her faith will have the power of the tides, to affect the faith of others, in a gentle, yet faithful way.




Kurt Curtis, Conrad: courteous; bold wise counselor


Heavenly Father, I pray that Kurt will live his name. I pray that he will live a life worthy of you, courteous to others and bold in his wise counsel. Infuse him with wisdom and let his true counsel come from you.



Patricia; Patrice; Tricia: of noble cescent


Heavenly Father, I pray that Patricia will live her name. I pray that although she is not of royal descent, that she will live her life in a noble manner, according to the nobility granted you as an adopted daughter of the King. I pray that people will observe her life and see you working in and through her in all things.



Steven, Stephen, Steve:  crowned one


Heavenly Father, I pray that Steven will live his name. I pray that he will live for you, Jesus, as the true Crowned One and ruler of his life. I pray also that he will understand his place as your child; an adopted son of the King of the Universe and will live his life according to the nobility he possesses in your name. I pray also that throughout his life, his actions will bring him many crowns that he may toss at your feet in eternity.

4 comments:

chris vonada said...

Thanks Carol, always enjoy these!!

From Carol's Quill said...

@ Chris - You're welcome. Let me know of any specific names you'd like me to add.

Unknown said...

Carol-thank you for this ongoing project. I have always found it interesting that our names have more importance than how we re distinguish in a crowd.

I didn't see my name - that would be interesting.

Blessings sister!

From Carols Quill said...

@ Terrie - Thank you. Glad you're enjoing it. I will put your name on my list for the future. Look for it in a few weeks!