My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 23, 2012

MORE PRAYING NAMES

Every month I create prayers based on the names of people we love. This ongoing list of names and prayers can be found at the top of this blog, on the tab titled, “PRAYING NAMES.”  

If you would like me to create a prayer based on a specific name, please leave a comment below. I’ll research the name and include it in a future month.  

David: beloved 


Heavenly Father, I pray that David would live his name. I pray that he will know at a heart level that he is one of your beloved children. I pray also that he will live his life as King David lived—with a heart after yours. Amen. 

Jaclyn, Jacqueline, Jackie: to replace one thing with another 


I pray that Jaclyn will live her name. I pray that she will spend her life becoming more Christ-like. I pray that bit by bit, she will replace earthly ways with your heavenly ways, growing stronger in her faith. Amen. 

Samantha: Listener of God 


I pray that Samantha will live her name. I pray that she will listen to your voice and hear your words speaking to her heart through scripture. I pray that she will take your truths into her heart and grow in her relationship with you, Jesus. Amen. 

Samuel, Sam: God has heard 


I pray that Samuel will live his name. I pray that he will know the power of prayer. I pray that he will understand that to you, his prayers are like a bowl of incense burning in heaven. I pray that he will know that you hear each word he whispers in prayer. Amen.

2 comments:

Jean Fischer said...

What a wonderful idea, Carol. I found you via "Heading Home." I like your blog!

From Carols Quill said...

@ Jean - thank you! I'm thrilled you're here. Send me names if you'd like prayers for those people.