My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 2, 2012

SWEET PEAS & DAISIES

Every month has a birthstone. Every month also has a birth flower. April has two flowers: the sweat pea and the daisy. And they both remind me of Jesus.



I’m an April baby. I’ve always preferred the sweet pea as the flower for April. It is sweet-smelling, colorful and lacy as it dances in the spring breeze. And because it symblizes happiness, it reminds me of Jesus, who is the source of our true joy.

But as much as I like the sweat pea, the daisy reminds me more of Jesus.

The daisy symbolizes innocence and certainty. No matter my past. No matter my sins. No matter my struggles; when I repent and receive Jesus, I am purified. His forgiveness washes me clean; purifies my soul. I am born again; innocent in his eyes.

I have this understanding as a sure certainty. I know through faith that Jesus died to redeem me; to make me acceptable; to purify me through and through.

I like to imagine sitting with others at Jesus’ feet as he holds an enormous bouquet of daisies. He would pick each petal and drop it softly on our heads, repeating, “I love you. I love you. I love you.”



Because he does not know how to say, “I love you not.”

Happy birthday to everyone born in April. 


PRAYER: Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminders in nature of your character and your love for us. Thank you that every petal on every flower tells us of your love. Amen.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? Who do you know who has an April birthday? Would they enjoy this post?

See the links to the left for other posts about past flowers of the month.

6 comments:

chris said...

We have a dog named Daisy, she's the sweetest Golden Retriever ever... I love the love that Jesus has brought us... how perfect it is!! Very excited about Holy Week! Thanks Carol :-)

From Carols Quill said...

@ Chris - Daisy dog? She and Mollie, our "assorted black lab-ish whatever" would get along fine--as long as there's water. Holy Week--yes!

lynnmosher said...

So sweet to think of flowers as reminders of Jesus! Lovely, Carol!

From Carols Quill said...

@ Lynn - pretty much everything reminds me of Jesus but flowers are best. Thanks, Lynn.

Pam B. said...

I love the thought of petals falling on my head, "I love you. I love you. I love you." Thank you for that today.

Happy Birthday from another Sweet Pea gal!

From Carols Quill said...

@ Pam - Oh, an April birthday? When? H.B. to you!