My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 24, 2012

MORE PRAYING NAMES

Each month I create prayers for people we love based on the meaning of their names. These additional names are then added to the ongoing list at the tab to the right titled, "PRAYING NAMES."

If you don’t find the name of your loved one listed, please leave a comment below and I’ll research it and create a name for a future month.

Interestingly, the two boys names I picked to research and pray for this month BOTH mean broad or wide meadow. So my prayer for both Bradley (Brad) and Sidney (Sydney, Sid, Cid) are the same.

Also, the names Dana and Sydney are often used as both boys and girls names. Just substitute he/she where needed.
 

Dana: arbiter; variation of Daniel that means "God is my judge"

Heavenly Father, I pray that Dana will live the meaning of her name. I pray that Dana will seek justice in all things. I pray that she will be known as a peacemaker to others and especially in your eyes. I pray that she will trust in your ultimate justice. Amen.

Linda; Lynnette; Lynn: pretty one

Heavenly Father, I pray that Linda will live the meaning of her name. I pray that others will see her quiet, inner beauty throughout her life. Moreover, I pray that her spirit of beauty will be a delight to you and a reflection of your love to others. Amen.

Bradley; Brad: broad meadow

Sidney; Sydney: wide meadow

Heavenly Father, I pray that Bradley/Sidney will live the meaning of his name. I pray that his life will remind others of your promise in Psalm 23—that being in his presence will feel restful as if they are lying down in green pastures. More than that, I pray that Bradley/Sidney will seek the comfort and peace that you provide, trusting and resting always in you. Amen.

1 comment:

chris said...

I can see the meadow now for Bradley/Sidney, very cool !!