My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://carolpetersonauthor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 29, 2012

MORE PRAYING NAMES

Each month I create prayers for people we love based on the meaning of their names. These additional names are then added to the ongoing list at the tab to the right titled, "PRAYING NAMES."

If you don’t find the name of your loved one listed, please leave a comment below and I’ll research it and create a name for a future month.

 

George: farmer

Heavenly Father, I pray that George will live the meaning of his name. I pray that he will be a worker in your harvest; that he will sow seeds of faith in others and live his life in a way that brings glory to you through fruit of the Spirit living in him. Amen.

 

Gertrude; Gertie: strong spear

Heavenly Father, I pray that Gertrude will live the meaning of her name. I pray that she will be a fierce warrior in your army. I pray that she will be strong in her faith and piercing in the truth she lives for your glory. Amen.

 

Norma: Thor’s courage

Heavenly Father, I pray that Norma will live the meaning of her name. I pray that she will have ultimate courage in her faith in you; understanding that she can do all things through Christ who strengthens her. Amen.

 

Wayne: wagon driver

Heavenly Father, I pray that Wayne will live the meaning of his name. I pray that he will help others carry their burdens and be a conduit to lead others to Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

chris said...

OK, so I can sort of see "George" being the farmer. Never met a Gertrude! I do know a Norma, but not well so I can't really reflect on that one. My dad and brother are Wayne's, both definitely drive a wagon (in a manner of speaking)... lol.

This was a good collection of names, very fun to learn about them!!

From Carols Quill said...

Thanks, Chris. I'll be at a store and will read the clerk's nametag. When I tell them what their name means, they're usually very surprised!